Luxury car manufacturers like VOLVO offer the highest level of safety and quality of vehicles. As programmatic advertising has rocketed recently, VOLVO engaged Hogarth and other agencies to work on a pilot project for Poland and create a mater toolkit for the programmatic global roll-out.
The objective of the VOLVO Programmatic DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimisation) campaign was to deliver more personalised message to all Volvo consumers interested in various car lines such as: safety, luxury, environment, tech and design.
The ‘Always on‘ approach involved A/B testing and continual optimisation based on the Reach & Retargeting strategy.
- Global aspect of the campaign with multiple stakeholders in different regions
- International agencies with little or no DCO experience
- Market specific technical requirements
- High number of dynamic ads to produce, test and implement
- Localization and transcreation complex process across many regions
Truly global digital approach
Clearly-defined delivery model
Strict governance structure
Precise requirements and creative brief
As a Project Manager I managed the campaign with multiple agencies including:
GreyWorks as a creative agency, Hogarth – production agency, Mindshare – media agency, Sizmek – ad server on a local and global level. I also liaised daily with a team of designers, UX/UI, tech lead, developers, QA and all senior stakeholders.
- 7 creative routes
- 800+ dynamic display ads for the pilot project
- 10+ markets
- Technology: HTML5 (JS + CSS) dynamic production
- DMP (1st and 3rd party data)
- 4 weeks production lead time for the pilot project
- Sizmek as ad serving platform