EY is a multinational professional services company who is actively managing the present and anticipating future to define new strategies. Companies continue to plan growth through pursuing acquisitions. Executives look to secure their long-term strategies at a time of rapid technological change.
The objective of the project was to present data on all devices: desktop, tablet and mobile for:
- Expectations to pursue acquisition
- Sector convergence
- Top investment destinations
- Short timings to deliver engaging, functional, and dynamic data visualisation
- Managing client expectations and ongoing changes
- Complexity of presenting responsive data
- A few design proposals created to select the best concept
- Defining MVP and adjusting at a later stage
- Incremental development of the data visualisation charts
- Stakeholders actively involved
I worked with a co-located creative team and distributed technical team to develop a creative concept taking into account UX/UI in collaboration with the technical team to develop the engaging charts and bring them into life.
We selected an Agile methodology to work on the ongoing client changes and include them in the following sprints. Daily communication with the creative and development team to validate the concept, build the prototype and the working software.
- 3 data visualisation charts
- Short turnaround of 2 up to 3 pieces of feedback daily
- Complexity of changes split into complexity buckets: Tier 1, 2 and 3
- Original 2 week timings extended to 1 month due to the scope changes